I need to say at this point that I have not actually tasted this beer. I actually just brewed it yesterday. Anyway, here we go.
- 2 pounds Pilsner malt
- 1 pound uncracked flaked wheat
- 1 pound uncracked flaked oats
- 2 pounds Brewer's Gold light DME
- 4 pounds wheat DME
- 20 AAUs Columbus hops (bitter)
- 4 oz Cascade hops (aroma, split in half)
- 0.5 oz curacao sweet orange peel
- 11 oz light Belgian candi sugar syrup (this just happened to be how much I had)
- Wyeast 3944 or some other Belgian ale yeast
- Steep the grains in 1 gallon of 150 degree Fahrenheit water for 30 minutes.
- Rinse the grains in another gallon of 150 degree water.
- Dilute steeping and rinsing water to 3 gallons and bring to a boil.
- Stir in the barley extract and add the bittering hops. Boil for 45 minutes.
- Add the wheat extract, orange peel, and 2 ounces of the aroma hops, boil for 15 minutes.
- Pour into fermenter, dilute to 5 gallons, chill to pitching temperature, and pitch yeast.
- Rack to secondary when krausen falls and dry hop with the remaining Cascade hops.